All workshops/webinars are FREE and open to the public. If you have questions, call 319-273-4774
Pre-registration is preferred, but last minute entry is acceptable
- Career Exploration: What are Your Options?
This workshop will focus on career exploration and planning. It will be live and interactive. While we are all living in the time of uncertainty, there is one thing you can be certain of, the EOC program is still here for you. Are you looking to make some changes or grow professionally? Not sure where to start? This workshop is for you. We will provide you with resources and tips for discovering your career path options. You will also hear about employment trends; which industries are shrinking, which are growing. Hope to see you there!
- 7/16/20 @ 12:00 p.m. - Register here
- 7/23/20 @ 6:00 p.m. - Register here
- 7/30/20 @ 12:00 p.m. - Register here
- 8/06/20 @12:00 p.m. - Register here
- 8/13/20 @ 6:00 p.m. - Register here
- 8/20/20 @ 12:00 p.m. - Register here
- College Preparation and Success:
This webinar highlights the steps for post-secondary education, whether it is going to a community college or a university. Viewers will find many key takeaways that are important to a student's planning and success for their educational investment. Questions will be welcomed and encouraged!
- High Demand Careers:
Over the next decade, most new jobs will require education beyond high school, but not necessarily a four-year degree. In fact, jobs requiring a two-year degree are growing TWICE as fast as those with no college. This workshop will review high demand careers, list the colleges that offer training, and great opportunities for reduced tuition. Questions are welcomed and encouraged.
- 7/16/20 @ 2 p.m. - Register here
- 7/23/20 @ 12 p.m. - Register here
- 7/29/20 @ 3 p.m. - Register here
- 8/4/20 @ 12 p.m. - Register here
- 8/12/20 @ 12 p.m. - Register here
- 8/19/20 @ 10 a.m. - Register here
- Financial Aid Basics:
This webinar will provide an overview of financial aid basics and completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Discussion will include a review of the federal, state, school-based, and private funding sources. Upon completion of this workshop the participants should be able to effectively access the funding they need to complete their college degree. An emphasis will be placed on student responsibility and an understanding of the financial aid process.
- 7/14/20 @3 p.m. - Register here
- 7/21/20 @ 11 a.m. - Register here
- 7/28/20 @ 3 p.m. - Register here
- 8/04/20 @ 6 p.m. - Register here
- 8/11/20 @ 11 a.m. - Register here
- 8/18/20 @ 6 p.m. - Register here
- High School Diploma Basics:
Do you want to earn your high school diploma? Learn how to use free educational support to prepare for the HISET equivalency exam.
- 7/22/20 @ 12 p.m. - Register here
- 7/28/20 @ 12 p.m. - Register here
- 8/5/20 @ 11:30 a.m. - Register here